1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No New Search

Discussion in 'TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)' started by WeBoat, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Jan 8, 2009 #1 of 13
    WeBoat

WeBoat New Member

Nov 6, 2002
    SWFL
    Not sure why, I've got a TivoHD hooked up to HD plasma. I've done two forced calls over the last two days and still no new search.

Is it being rolled out in stages? Lifetime on the TivoHD.

Any ideas?

2. Jan 8, 2009 #2 of 13
    MickeS

MickeS New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    AZ
    It's under "Music, Photos and More" (or however the wording is). It's not under "Find Programs", I guess since it's a beta.

3. Jan 9, 2009 #3 of 13
    WeBoat

WeBoat New Member

Nov 6, 2002
    SWFL
    Yep. That's where it was!

Thanks

4. kevo777

kevo777 My TiVo Gets Me

Oct 22, 2007
    Plano, TX
    I've done three forced Tivo Service connections. Looked under "Music, Photos, Showcases" three times. Not only do I not have the new beta search option, the usual list of stuff under Music, Photos, and Showcases is gone. None of the games that are usually listed there are ever populated now. Been like this for the past couple of weeks.

Any ideas? I'd really like to see the new beta search.

Oh...and something else that has 'broken'.....pytivo is alive and kicking - double and triple checked - but my TivoHD stopped seeing it as well.

Tivo service connections happen automatically as usualy according to Last Attempt field under Network settings....manual connection attempts are always successful also.

5. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Is your TiVo connected via broadband (ethernet or wireless)? You won't get it with a phone connection.

On a broadband connected TiVo, you should see "TiVo Search" under TiVo menu -> Find Programs.

If you just got your TiVo, it can take several days for network functionality to be available.

6. deandashl

deandashl New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    It's not "Beta Search" anymore, it's "TiVo Search" -- no longer beta.

Under the "Find Programs" menu.

You need a "series 3" TiVo AND an internet connection.

I think "TiVo Search" is pretty great -- with LOTS more potential in the future.

I recommend using the TiVo website to learn more. They have great videos. Lots of the basic TiVo questions can be answered there for new people.

7. Aug 7, 2009 #7 of 13
    E94Allen

E94Allen New Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Mine still has Beta tag on it.

Edit:I meant to say Beta Version tag within TiVo Search.

8. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Mine seems to not be able to make up its mind. Sometimes it shows beta and other times it doesn't. Sometimes it visibly switches as soon as I go to the screen.

9. Sep 1, 2010 #9 of 13
    EskanderaStil

EskanderaStil New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    USA
    New Tabs added Youll find a new gallery tab at the top of the page under the site header.It will link to all albums and galleries on the site.
    There will also be some other tabs eg.external links placed there shortly just sorting out some script.

10. elane65

elane65 New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks for the post @MickeS, I've been looking for this.. my friend recommend this site, for TiVo community..

11. cfeied

cfeied New Member

Nov 10, 2010
    I get a loooooong pause when selecting it -- and by the time I get results (even on broadband) I've forgotten what I was looking for :)

12. TravisBob

TravisBob New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Ðîññèÿ
    Could we know 1 day in advance when and what time the new patch will be released in GMT Time so that people do not get annoyed when they go to play the game, only confronted with a 200mb patch/server downtime.

13. Foma8812

Foma8812 New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Russia
    welcome Most recently hit on the idea purchase a game console because the computer got it, and remember , so to speak , childhood is very desirable
    in the old days did not understand the point of purchase boxes, but now I understand ))
    Interesting sports simulators - fifa, nhl also Mortal Kombatsertorrent ru/] Shooting only on PC
    What to take ? or still lying around someone interesting information about the PS4 and XBOX 720