1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No My Book AV DVR Expanders available

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by egkor, May 17, 2012.

1. egkor

egkor New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Texas
    I just received 2 Tivo Premiers (refurbs) from woot.com, and am going to use them to replace 2 Tivo HD boxes.

I started looking for 2 of the WD My Book AV 1TB external drives as I'm using 2 of the older 500GB versions (1 on each of my Tivo HDs).

Well surprise, the My Book Av 1TB expander is out of stock everywhere at this time.

Here we are currently, almost 1/2 way through 2012, and no availability? Wow.

I s'pose I'll use my old 500GB units in the meantime w/ the new (refurb) Premiers, but I know I'll lose any programs recorded and stored on those, which is why I wanted to get the new storage now.

-Gary K

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I would go internal upgrade instead to 2TB each. Cheaper, more capacity, provides automatic backup (store old drives), lower power, less opportunity for failure, EASY, and supported by this community.

If I can do it, anyone can.

3. egkor

egkor New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Texas
    Where do I go/look/read for this? I'm definitely interested.

TIA,

-Gary K

4. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Go to the upgrade center- JMFS threads

5. egkor

egkor New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Texas
    Ok, thanks! :)

-Gary K

6. liquix

liquix New Member

Mar 29, 2012
  7. egkor

egkor New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Texas
    Thanks @liquix !

-Gary K

8. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
  9. aristoBrat

aristoBrat Active Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Va Beach, VA
    And for me, more reliable. After having lost all programs on my main TiVo twice in two years because of DVR expanders that failed, I'm over them. I've been running on an expanded internal for nearly the same amount of time without any issues.

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...