1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No More Howard Stern TV on Demand?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Shanezam203, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    I'm a long time Howard Stern radio listener on XM and this past year specifically got my 1st Comcast Cable Box in my house to access Howard Stern TV on Demand, I could not access it on a Tivo with Cable Cards.

Recently in September, they stopped airing new shows, and I am unclear moving forward if any new material will be added; in fact Comcast removed the $10 charge for Howard TV on Demand. Anyone have any insight if this is coming back or should I return my HD Comcast box?

Thank you,

Shane

2. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    HowardTV is off the air. For everyone.

3. mcf57

mcf57 Member

Oct 19, 2012
    GA
    Looks like they pulled the plug on it for now, but according to this article, they could be restarting negotiations with several other "potential video partners starting on Jan. 1"

Netflix was even mentioned as a possible destination & they have "reached out to Stern’s camp". Will see and only time will tell. If this happened, it could be an advantage to TiVo owners & a reason for some to dump the crappy cable company DVR.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/stern-howard-tv-deserves-home-article-1.1545702

4. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Is he working to get back on Demand, or any progress on this? I like listening to him on XM and also enjoyed watching him on E! back in the day and up until recently on demand.