1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No guide info on mt antenna setup

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Rbassett, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Rbassett

Rbassett New Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Im trying to drop my directtv and go to just antenna. I live in a very rural area in northern Nevada and when I scan my channels I end up with about 10 or so unique ones but only 1 shows any guide information. If I get the channel why can't I get a guide to match? I've tried changing my zip code to one closer to salt lake but it just get worse.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    As you probably have guessed, TiVo guide data is grouped by zip code. I think the best you can do is pick a zip code that is close the greatest number of the channels you receive. If you don't know where your channel antennas are located try one of these:

antennaweb.org

tvfool.com

3. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Wrong answer.

TiVo will create a unique channel lineup for you (at least they have in the past), just like they've done for people in apartment buildings that use satellite dishes as the basis for an in-house cable system.

Tell them your set of channels and your zip, and if they hold to form, they'll give you a specific OTA lineup for your immediate area. (In the past, it's taken a few days.)

4. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Did you rerun Guided Setup telling TiVo that you are antenna only?