1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Dolby Digital, Only PCM 2.0 on XL

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ScottP461, Sep 20, 2012.

1. ScottP461

ScottP461 New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    I just posted this in another thread suggested by the site, but it turned out to be for some cable system specific TiVo box in the UK. So, I'm reposting here, where someone might actually look at it...

I recently noticed that ALL audio output on one of my XL's was PCM 2.0. I thought that was strange and played the game that I first noticed the problem in (NBC Sunday Night Football) back on another XL (via my home network connection) and it was indeed DD5.1! A reboot solved the problem, but I wondered what had caused it in the first place. I'm sure that it's some sort of software bug! I have an idea of what it might be, but haven't tested my theory yet. I had been watching huluplus the night before and noticed that the shows were only 2.0. I wondered if the TiVo had become "stuck" in PCM 2.0 mode somehow while I was watching and never came out of it when I exited hulu! I'll report back when (or if!) I ever get around to testing my theory!
  2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    I think some people had that issue in the past after watching Hulu+, but I've never personally encountered it.