1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No channels coming through

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by luaufish, Dec 3, 2012.

1. luaufish

luaufish New Member

Dec 18, 2010
    I just hooked up a new tiro premier in our bedroom, but I can not get any channels to come through. If I click the live TV button on the remote, a screen showing a progress bar and "scanning for channels" shows but never completes. It has been plugged in for a few days. I do have a M-card already installed in it that we picked up from the cable company (Cox).

They mentioned that I might need a decoder. I'll probably be callign them tomorrow, but I wanted to check here first to see if I'm missing something. I would have expected at least non-HD channels to come through, but I get nothing.

Note that if I hook up the cable straight to the TV, I do get all the normal non-HD channels that I used to get.

Thanks for any help.

Mark

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Try hooking up the premiere in another room. It sounds like you might not have a strong enough signal?

3. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Try maybe a restore or re run guided setup

4. luaufish

luaufish New Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I nearly have it working now. Apparently there were instructions with my cable card, and I was supposed to call to activate it. I have some channels now, and the cable company is telling me the others should be coming in shortly. At least I'm close to up and running.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Make sure you re-run guided setup again after the cable card is fully activated.

6. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
    You likely also need a tuning adapter!

Make sure you get one!