1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio after unpause on TiVo Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by paslax, Jul 14, 2014.

1. paslax

paslax New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Madison, WI
    When my wife and I watch a Jeopardy recording, we make heavy use of the pause/unpause button. In the last month, we've had a problem in which the audio cuts out entirely when unpausing. It doesn't happen all the time - maybe 20% of the time. Once the problem happens, it's easy to reproduce, but it may not happen for 48 hours. When it does happen, I can fix it 90% of the time by doing a 30-sec skip and then rewinding. We've had the same TiVo Premiere, HDMI cable, and Vizio TV for 6+ months and the problem recently started.

Based on other similar (but not exactly the same) reports that I've read, tonight I switched from Dolby to PCM audio. In the meantime, has anyone else seen this issue? Anything else that I should try?

Vers: 20.4.1-01-2-748

2. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    The summer 20.4.2 update should help, I understand it has helped other audio issues. According to TiVo, it will roll out at the end of the month if you haven't signed up for early release.