1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No A b c on my remotes???

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by richg99, Dec 6, 2012.

1. richg99

richg99 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Tried a search to no avail. Today, we received the "new update" that changed the HD menu!

Until I read the info about the new update, I didn't even know I had a choice in menus. Anyhow, the new menus call for pushing a or b or c . My remotes do not have... a b c ???

Unless there is a work-around, I guess I have to go back to the other menu (which worked fine, but i can see the advantages of the HD menu.)

I am not going to buy new remotes unless I reaallllyy have to.
    Any help appreciated. thank you. rich

2. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    Do you have this remote?
    [​IMG]

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Did you acquire your Premieres from e-bay or Craigslist? Both of my Premieres came with a remote with yellow(a)-blue(b)-red(c)-green(d) buttons.

Note: Pictured in the preceding post.

4. scole250

scole250 Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Goldsboro, NC
    When I bought my basic Premiere at Best Buy a few months ago, I also bought a Glo remote. During setup I realized I bought a Glo remote for a previous model because it didn't have the A-B-C-D buttons. And it was twice as much as the Glo with A-B-C-D buttons. Go figure. Returned it and got the right one.

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    What did you do? Buy a "floor model" that didn't have a remote?

All new Tivos come with a remote. :confused:

6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    The remote bundled with the Premiere, and the "Slide", have the buttons. Previous models didn't (but they are otherwise compatible). I too am curious as to how you ended up with a Premiere without the right remote.

7. scole250

scole250 Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Goldsboro, NC
    It came with the basic remote. I wanted a Glo remote.

8. richg99

richg99 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    To answer the question....the problem was, as most things are...caused by OPERATOR ERROR.

Yes, I do own one of the "button" remotes. I mistakenly switched the Tivo remotes when I moved some things around many months ago. The one "button" remote that belongs to the Premier is now mistakenly sitting at my outdoors TV/Tivo setup.

The newest TIVO is a premier. The other is a "HD"?? I believe it is called. Each one runs a big screen HD TV.

I switched the Tivo remotes when I moved some things around. Up until now, I didn't notice any difference in function, since I was still using the old SD menu.

Problem solved. Sorry to have bothered you all. Thanks, Rich

9. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    That's all right. I was setting up a new TiVo the other week and could not get a cable signal, after spending nearly 30 mins on the phone with the cable co, he asked me if the coaxial was plugged in - I checked and it was, but only to the TiVo and not the outlet... :) Of course we still had and issue with the cable card (Their fault - not entered correctly into their system), but I felt rather foolish for my 'cable error'.