1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newly powered up HR10-250

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by n9ktw, Nov 28, 2012.

1. n9ktw

n9ktw the electronics whiz

Apr 1, 2005
    north burbs...
    Hi All:

I just had occasion to install an HR10-250 that I had in the house for about 6 years. It has some issues, which I need help with.

Upon initial connection it was slow and intermittent to respond to both the remote and the front panel controls. I did a couple of power cycles and this corrected that for a while.

It tested the phone line, and all was good there, yet it would not make a phone call to update itself.

I have tried doing a total reset, and it has been showing " cleaning and deleting everything This will take an hour" for about 8 hours.

Any ideas as to what i need to do? I hate to just do another power down unless that is the correct thing to do .

Thank you all in advance.

de Howard, N9KTW

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Let it sit overnight. I don't think you should have power-cycled it when it was slow. The initial guide indexing really taxes these boxes but they settle down after a day or so.

Once you started the Clear and Delete, you're pretty much stuck with it. If it is still saying that tomorrow, go ahead and power-cycle and cross your fingers.