1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question about season passes

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by AdamfromChi, Aug 19, 2012.

1. AdamfromChi

AdamfromChi New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Hello! I just got a TiVo XL4. One thing I'd like to do is always have the most recent episode of SportsCenter on my TiVo. Is this possible? The way the season pass seems to be set up right now, one (or X) episodes will be recorded. But then, once my quota is reached, new episodes won't be recorded until I delete the older ones?

Does this make any sense? I know it might sound like a distinction without a difference, but I want to play the "most recent episode" game with all my favorite sports and news stuff, so going through and deleting fifteen old episodes every day, I'd like to avoid if I can.

2. AdamfromChi

AdamfromChi New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Found an answer! If you're curious: looks like I'm too new to the forums to post links, but the helpful post's title is: "How to set up keep-only-the-most-recent-episode-only?"

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The key is to set to keep at most: 1
    and not set it to "Keep Until I Delete", just "until space needed"

If you set to Keep Until Delete, then it will stop recording.
    Pressing CLEAR will delete without confirmation, on the program list, not the program info screen.