1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie - Live Stream from PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Arizona Joe, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Arizona Joe

Arizona Joe New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Just got Tivo Premier this week after cutting Directv and going with an indoor HD antenna. With limited channel selection, I have to rely on the web for some live programs. For example, MNF on ESPN. I can find some live streams of ESPN on the web and watch on my computer. However, is the a way to push these web streams to my Tivo for live viewing. I've seen threads mention pytivo and stream baby. Is that what those programs are for? At first glance, it seems these are pretty technical to install. Any recommendations?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    TiVo announced a few weeks ago that they are working on some sort of DLNA client for the Premiere. Once that's released you should be able to use something like PlayOn to capture web video and stream it to your Premiere. Until then you'll likely need another device like a Roku or game console to access the services you want.

Dan

3. Arizona Joe

Arizona Joe New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Okay, thank you Dan!