1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New user old time forum member

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mrconner, Nov 5, 2013.

1. mrconner

mrconner New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I have a series 2 tivo and want to get rid of the two tw dvrs and go with a new Romio . I have an older 57 inch tv that has a dvr input or component inputs and wondered if the newer Model: TCD848000 will work with the component inputs until I can get a new hdmi tv. Thank you for any input.

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If you are asking if that model of Roamio, the Plus, has the red, green, and blue RCA jacks on the back (in addition to the red and white audio, and the yellow composite video), then yes, it does, as does the TCD840300, the Roamio Pro.

The base model Roamio, the TCD846500, has a 1/8th inch jack, like a small headphone jack, that requires a "breakout cable" you buy separately which will give you left and right audio (white and red RCA plugs, or jacks, not sure which) and composite video (yellow RCA plug or jack), but no component video out.

But it's the only one that can do over the air stations.

But you have to set it up for those OR for cable, but it can't do both at the same time.

All three models have an HDMI output jack.

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-roamio-comparison.php

3. mrconner

mrconner New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Thank you for your reply. I had watched the video on tivo's website and it did not show anything but the hdmi. Know that I know better I will be buying the Romio plus, then when I upgrade the tv I can go hdmi. Thanks again, Don

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The small 4 tuner Roamio does NOT have component video, but the Plus and Pro both do.