1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New User KMTTG DL Troubles

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by BH9244, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I installed kmttg today in the hope of being able to download to my pc from my 2 premier units. In the past I have used Tivo Desktop and TivoPlaylist both of course now are crippled by the Valentines Day Date Issue, kmttg looks great and filled with features but for now I'd just like to be able to transfer some stuff off for later viewing.

KMTTG seems to successfully identify my two tivos and retrieves their respective now playing lists, problem is when I initate a download its starts off ok but at a point between 5% and 10% of the download it seems to freeze and not progress any further, anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong ?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I would suspect a firewall and/or Antivirus related problem. Perhaps try enabling java downloads instead:
    File->Configure->Program Options->Use java for downloads instead of curl

3. aloha_bill

aloha_bill New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    same problem as op but getting
    Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL

4. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Ok reinstalled and checked off the java option you suggested, now I immediately get a error msg Listing the requested file and end in Tivo Access denied

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Is that for downloading, getting listings or both? If you can't get listings either then that's likely missing or invalid MAK setting. Also, do you have Antivirus installed that may be interfering? If so you need to give appropriate permissions to javaw.exe.

6. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Seems to get the listing without a problem, error occurs when I select one of the listed shows and attempt to download .

7. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    FWIW, I Disabled both the Anti Virus and the Firewall, same error.

8. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    My only other suggestion is try rebooting the TiVo.

9. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    That's not really the same. But, it sounds like this.

10. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009

I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that by reading and actually following your documentation all is now working perfectly. Contrary to your specific caution not to install the program under \Program Files, that's what I had done and likely explains why thing weren't working..

Thanks very much for your efforts as well as tolerence for a newbie..It's a great piece of software and I can't help but feel I had been residing in the stone ages prior to this..

11. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Ah yes, Win 7 and beyond "Program Files*" is heavily protected so stay out of there. Glad you figured it out, and RTFM sometimes is useful.