1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New twist on No Suggestions problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by TVLander, Jan 28, 2013.

1. TVLander

TVLander New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    I've seen posts here about not having TiVo suggestions record, and I have called TiVo several time on the issue. They had me reboot, delete and redo thumbs, delete and re download program info, etc. Now I can see a few suggestions in the Browse TV & Movies screen, but only two or three, and no suggestions show in the To Do list. The other day I actually saw a suggestion record but the recoding ended and to my surprise it did not save.

I'm seeing the exact same behavior on 2 new Tivos. I wish they would fix this.:(
  2. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
    If your Tivo is almost full, you will NOT see suggestions. I only see a couple at most when my Tivo is close to full (seen behavior both on Tivo HD & Premiere 4).

Also, if it's a "new" Tivo, it will take a day at least (maybe more) to get a list of suggestions.
  3. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    TWC with TA will break suggestions in many markets.
  4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Misconfigured or overloaded headends that require tuning adapters can deny requests for tuning channels for suggestions. There is nothing TiVo can do about it when this is the cause. TiVo should be able to look at your logs to tell if this is why you have no suggestions.
  5. hazelnus111

hazelnus111 New Member

Feb 3, 2013
  6. jeffm1911

jeffm1911 New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I have an XL4 on Time Warner with the dreaded TA. I have zero suggestions, but I did see one once, but it went away after about an hour. I havent seen a suggestion since. I also have a 2-tuner Premiere, and it has never had a suggestion.

Has anyone with this issue ever see one just appear like mine did, and then disappear so quickly?