1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to TiVo - Problem setting up TiVo Premiere 4

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by DLHuser2014, Mar 18, 2013.

1. DLHuser2014

DLHuser2014 New Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Hi All -

I just set up my new TiVo Premiere 4 box. I have Mediacom as a the cable provider.

I got the M-Card paired about 2 hours ago and I'm getting channels from 101-113 (Local DTs but not all of them) and 170-885 which are my digital packages. I'm missing essentially all of my SD channels from Channels 2 through 70.

Mediacom wants to roll a truck to my house but I'm skeptical it's a problem on my end.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!!!

2. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    If those are analog channels, they won't work on a Premiere 4 unless they are simulcast as digital channels. Look through the guide and see if you can find the same channels on higher numbers. If not, you may have one of the few cable companies that hasn't converted to digital yet. (All cable companies are required to go all digital soon.)

3. DLHuser2014

DLHuser2014 New Member

Mar 18, 2013
    That is what I'm afraid of, but Mediacom is saying I should still be getting those channels... So I'm not sure.

They are definitely not showing up in the guide though.

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    If you post your location/city, maybe another user on these forums can confirm if those channels are analog.

5. DLHuser2014

DLHuser2014 New Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I'm in Cloquet, Minnesota - Zipcode 55720

Mediacom is my provider. I'm missing my "Family TV" and most of the "Local Plus TV" channels.

Thanks!

6. DLHuser2014

DLHuser2014 New Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Reply from the Mediacom Forums:

The Cable Card will activate channels 2-70. If you're not receiving these channels there is another factor at play. A technician would be needed.

I can't exactly believe the cable company, so I'm doing my own research :)

7. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    My guess they don't have experience with the newer Premiere 4 which can't get analog. The regular Premiere can get them.

8. DLHuser2014

DLHuser2014 New Member

Mar 18, 2013
    That is what I figured...

It's not a big deal since most of those channels I do get on a corresponding digital or HD package... Though there are a few channels that don't (Weather Channel, ESPN classic, etc.).

Not a show-stopper by any means... I'll just be patient as Mediacom is (very slowly) going all digital...

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I have a Premiere XL4 and also Mediacom. I'm getting all those lower channels as well as the others I should be with the package I have with Mediacom. They've moved to all digital in almost all (if not all) their markets, so I don't understand why there's a problem.