1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tivo Premiere Tour videos

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by morac, Aug 24, 2012.

1. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    My Premiere just downloaded 3 new videos: "Basic DVR Features", "Advanced DVR Features" and "Web Features". These are different than the 6 old videos that normally download on a new box.

I guess they did need updating since things have changed since the original videos, but I was surprised when the blue light came on.

2. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    My 1 Yr old Premiere got the new videos today, But not my Elite. The Elite never even received the old videos.

3. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I also got them - I got my Premiere 11/2010

4. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    My Elite received them yesterday,

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    One of my Premieres got them yesterday. I, too, was surprised to see that blue light when I wasn't transferring anything. I just deleted them without even looking, when it was still in the middle of loading the third one.

6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    My older Premiere got them yesterday. The other one hasn't gotten them yet. Maybe they're only sending them out to one Premiere per account. After all, you can always stream them to the other Premiere(s).:)

7. jeffshome

jeffshome Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I got the TiVo premiere Tours and deleted them without watching. let's hope they never come back.

8. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I watched all three and I'm not sure I will ever recover the 13 minutes of my life spent watching them.

They actually are pretty well done.

9. sehale

sehale Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Newark, DE
    My Premiere locked up during the download - apparently overnight. When I went to the TV in the morning, the blue transfer light was on but the screen was frozen and unresponsive to the remote. Pulled the power and when it re-booted, I saw a folder with the three videos. I deleted them without watching.

10. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I did that (delete them) and they came back the next night, in a month or so i will delete them.

11. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    TiVo spent a lot of money creating those videos. You are obligated via your service agreement to watch them and keep them on your TiVo for 365 days. ;)

12. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Dam!! I never read that service agreement, 365 days it is, it great next year will not be a leap year or I would need to keep them 366 days.

13. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    PLease tell me that the TiVo service agreement is nothing like the iTunes service agreement.:eek: