1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New software: bug or feature?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Dan203, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    So I noticed last night that all my shows with padding are starting at the point after the padding, rather then at the beginning. This has been a long standing issue with streaming shows but never effected local recordings until now.

Is everyone else seeing this too?

Between this and the feature that allows a single tuner to record back to back shows I really think TiVo is working toward an auto-padding feature.

2. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Dan,

Can you explain further? I just got my 2nd Roamio so I'm not familiar with the streaming issue and padding to know what to be looking for.

-Kevin

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If you pad a recording at the start when you play the recording it'll start after the padding. So say you pad a record with 5 minutes at the start. When you play it the recording will start at the 5 minute mark. This has been the case for shows streamed over the network for a couple of years now, but it didn't effect local recordings. With the most recent update I'm seeing the same thing with local recordings as well.

4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I have not noticed this, but so many of my shows are on holiday hiatus, there's almost nothing to test.

I just set some manual recordings with pads to test this.