1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Series 1 standalone software?!?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by unitron, Aug 9, 2012.

1. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I thought the latest software version for non-sat S1s was 3.0, but according to

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/311

it's 7.3

Anybody know anything about this?

Both of my S1s are currently under the weather, so I can't check that way.

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    At one point the Series 1 TiVos were given a daylight savings time "update". Maybe that is what they mean. Don't remember the software version changing on the TiVo itself though.

3. spidershowl11

spidershowl11 New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    The software versions of TiVo Series 1 have lot of differences between them or else they would not have released different versions. TiVo software version 3.0 or higher directly supports the TiVo TurboNet Ethernet adapter without the additional software hacking needed to enable basic network connectivity. This method is more direct. This was not possible with the lower versions.

4. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    That would be news to me. The 3.0 software release for the s1 standalones came out in 2002 and they wouldn't even provide an update in 2007 when the DST rules changed dismissing it as a "display issue". At that point I started tinkering around with the timezone settings to try to work around it and forum user jberman took that and came up with a way to tweak the timezones with a tcl script which TiVo officially adopted and continues to use to this day.

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Except it isn't the TiVo TurboNet Ethernet Adapter because it's not a TiVo product.

And your post does nothing to address my question.

6. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    That looks like a typo. Wouldn't be the first time that Tivo had incorrect info on it's website. I sold my last S1 Philips box just a couple of months ago and it was at 3.0. I can't imagine why Tivo would push a new SW update for S1 boxes.

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Weren't the DirecTiVo's up to 7.x?

Scott

8. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    The latest for the S1 is 3.5d and for the S2 it's 6.4a.