1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Roamio Question-Fios

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ciscokid, Mar 24, 2014.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Tampadelphia...
    I just bit the bullet and bought a new Base Model Roamio after spending a half hour getting a $75 off shot in the Tivo promo. It will be replacing an HD in my bedroom that is plugged into FIOS. It's been a while since I messed with my Tivos. I guess that all I'll have to do is pop out the Cable Card from the HD and plug it into the Roamio and go through the pairing process.

Correct?

Also, I'd like to upgrade it and wanted to know what suggestions you guys could give me for a newer higher capacity HDD and where to get it.

I understand that all I need to do with the Roamio is pop in a new hard drive and it will format it automatically. Not like we had to do in the past with the older Tivos..

Correct?

Thanks for the help!

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Yes, that should theoretically be all that you have to do, assuming it is a multi-stream CableCard.

3. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    When you pair your cable card tune your TiVo to channel 131.

4. caughey

caughey Member

May 26, 2007
    Orange County
  5. GmanTiVo

GmanTiVo give me more options

Mar 8, 2003
    Ridgewood, NJ
    Correct. Call FIOS CableCard activation phone # and when you speak to the tech rep ask them Kindly to do a Manual Validation.... even if they see it paired. Go to channel 901 (HBO) while on the phone and read off the various #s the Tech person asks (Host ID, Card ID, Card SN & Data ID).

HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Ch 131, etc will come alive as soon as the tech person says "done".

2 things: I did not have to do it this time around,, the new Mcard from the VZ store (with the correct make #s). As soon as I activated it my Roamio Pro received HBO fine.
    I have had to do it at least 3 or 4 times over the past 3 years on the 2 Mcards in my S3.... I was told and can confirm that occasionally there is a total signal loss from the ONT and the Mcards re-set themselves (or better deactivate/un-pair). No channel Signal.... all channels are black.... FIOS will give you the whole shpiel about COAX connection, Cards Unseated, blah blah, just read them the data from ther CC info screen and have them do a manual validation... all goes back to normal.

Gman