1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Roamio - First Lock up!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tough joe, Aug 30, 2013.

1. tough joe

tough joe New Member

Sep 16, 2006
    32 hours later, my first Roamio Pro lock up. I hope this is a one time thing...

No Tuning Adapter connected

Things the Roamio was doing at the time of the lock up:

Recording 5 HD channels, and transfering 1 hd program from a Premier XL4 to the new Roamio.

The lockup froze the screen for 13 seconds, then automatically rebooted itself and continued the recordings. The Room to Room transfer needed to be restarted manually.

2. miller890

miller890 Member

Feb 15, 2002
    Seems like a good idea to report them...

My first lockup and reboot was after I entered my Pandora for the first time. I entered my authentication and got a black screen. I hit a few buttons and waited because I knew it about to... then Roamio rebooted.

Recently added a slider remote, maybe it's related.

3. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Well, this is bad news, but I guess we could have assumed it will happen on occasion. Rebooting or lockups were so rare on my Premiere, I just hope it is at least as stable. It is so much faster that I actually enjoy using it instead of feeling like I am fighting it every time I pick up the remote.

If TiVo were smart, they would have the units "phone home" on crash recovery with any pertinent information. It might already.

4. JCB8

JCB8 New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Two lockup and reboots this morning when trying to start Pandora -- yesterday Pandora worked fine.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I wonder if the Roamio will get the same Fall update slated for the Premiere and Mini? The Roamio has all the features but could probably benefit from a couple more months of stability improvements.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I tried out Pandora yesterday on my Roamio Pro without any issues. I activated it online but I only played music for about 15 minutes after that.

I was having a network dropout issue but so far it hasn't cropped up since switching to a non green gigabit switch.