1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Netflix Interface does not include Subtitle Button

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ffitzgerald39, Jan 31, 2014.

1. ffitzgerald39

ffitzgerald39 Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Buffalo...
    Has anyone noticed with the new Netflix app that when you choose a title the list of options does not end with the subtitle on/off choice. I saw this last night when signing in for Breaking Bad. When I exited and signed in using my Sony internet TV it showed up as the last choice as usual. I tried using the normal Tivo subtitle method (info button, up/down arrow) when in Tivo Netflix but all it did was abort the Netflix. Does anyone know how to toggle subtitles in the new Tivo Netflix interface?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Start playback and then press DOWN arrow where you will have choices for audio and subtitles.

3. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    It's been hit-or-miss for me, but the main method is to hit either select or down arrow (I've forgotten and am away at the moment) and a box appears at the bottom in the center of the screen. Selecting that box gives you language and subtitle selection. You can then choose what you want. It does not tell you what is available for the show, though, so selecting English as the language may or may not work.

I've had problems at times with subtitles completely disappearing and me not being able to get them back, outside of leaving Netflix and re-entering. I don't know whether that's a TiVo problem, or a problem of Netflix encoding.

Note that all this is with actual subtitles of foreign shows; I haven't tried pure closed captioning.