1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Girl - Normal (OAD 04/10/2012)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pkscout, Apr 12, 2012.

1. pkscout

pkscout Active Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I alternate between cringing and launching through this show. From this week, I'm hoping somebody will post the rules for True American. Oh, and in case you think RealApps(TM) is a dumb idea, I bring you the Opena Case Bottle Opener.

2. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    This ep seemed to show a slightly more mature side to Jess. Not sure I liked it :)

3. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I'm just having trouble believing Russell would behave the way he does or find Jess all that endearing when she's with her roommates who all act like they are either 18 or just plain half wits. He's 42 and wealthy/successful. I'd think that would all be so puerile to him. Or maybe those are my own thoughts bleeding over into what I think he should think. ;)

4. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    He wants to give it to Jess really good. A man can overlook just about anything under those circumstances.

5. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    This episode made me laugh a lot. Good times.

6. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    To be fair, he did start playing New American because Jess wanted to. Once he was pretty smashed, I don't think you can really judge his actions as a wealthy/successful man, but as someone who (he admitted) doesn't get that drunk ever. I am sure he was pretty hammered, and so his actions were not his normal actions.

And as others said, he did want to give it to her really hard. And for that reason, he played New American.

7. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Not up to the level of recent episodes, but still pretty fun. It's interesting that they are still calibrating the Jess character. Not that she has to be one-dimensional or behave the same way every episode, but she was the most normal character in the show this week. They've mostly abandoned "adorkability" and this week even abandoned "dork".

8. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    I don't think they've "recalibrated" the character. She's just trying to act more mature for Russell. She'll go back to being herself sometime.

9. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Don't you mean he really wants to go digging for her gold?

;)

10. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    But he's already really really given it to her good multiple times by now. ;)

11. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    He's only 42?!?!

12. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Allegedly in the show the character is 42. The actor is 48 or 49. He looks like a haggard 65.

13. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, sorry, I knew the actor was older (after looking him up). Basically, it was sad that he's supposed to be (a year) younger than I am. Though I wouldn't say he looks 65! (but if a 65 year old-looking can get Zooey Dechanel, good for him!)

14. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    true dat

15. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Being rich helps.