1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DVR showing up in Now Playing

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by catfan64, Jun 16, 2012.

1. catfan64

catfan64 Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Louisville KY
    I have 2 premier's, and an older series 2, all connected to my network. My series 2 dvr is named "Series 2", and shows up in the Now playing list on both my premier's. I just installed KMTTG, and and have upoloaded a few recordings from the series 2, to my pc. Now, on both my premier's, in addition to the "series 2" dvr showing in my now playing list, there is also a "DVR-4298" which has all the same shows, that my series 2 does. Is this normal?

2. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    No, but I've seen it happen before. Reboot all three TiVos and then restart kmttg. That should fix it.

3. catfan64

catfan64 Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Louisville KY
    That did the trick. Thanks

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I'm assuming the TiVo Service Number for the S2 ends in 4298?

TiVo's been having something going on lately where owner assigned names, the ones you go to their website to do, have been "forgotten" and the default ones are showing up instead.

A few days ago it happened to my S3 for the second time since the first of the year.