Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I had tried it and had lots of problems. It's the reason I delayed putting my posting up until last night instead of last week. I wanted to resolve the emuProxyZA issues before I signed up for the DST fix. I would not recommend emuProxyZA for Canadian Postal Codes. (Keep in mind that I'm a Linux rookie and maybe someone more expert may have success.) I'm looking forward to the DST update taking effect in the next day or so. Regarding the DST fix, I don't keep my TiVo connected to a phone line because a daily call is unnecessary without Canadian Postal Codes and so no Canadian guide data. I only connect to the TiVo service to reset the clock whenever I see that the clock has drifted too much. If I'm reading the forum correctly, every spring I'll need to set the clock twice and every fall I'll need to set the clock twice (assuming the government sticks the new DST days). Is this correct? Not a big deal and much more convenient than changing all of my manual programming, especially when you consider that all of my programming is manual due to no Canadian guide data. ======= Here's another thought... why don't some of us Series 1 customers put some money where our mouths are? The way I look at it is TiVo has made the decision to not provide software updates for business reasons and that at this stage its up to the TiVo User Community to help create a business case to change this. What I'm suggesting is that the User Community put together a list of items that we would like to have updated in the software and back it up with a voluntary payment to TiVo. Its been several years since the last software update so I think everyone knows what they would like on their Series 1 software update wish-list off the top of their heads. There could be some sort of voting to ensure a quality list of items. There would also need to be some way to make the payments in a secure place, where it could be refunded if TiVo doesn't take us up on the offer. What's in it for TiVo? A way to settle many people's concerns about updates that we would really like to see. TiVo could also use it as a stake in the ground as far as no other updates. Clearly, TiVo's responsiveness to the Series 1 customer base would go very far. Current Series 2 customers and new customers to TiVo are looking at how the Series 1 customers are being treated and I'm sure that TiVo must know that it is in TiVo's best interests to treat Series 1 customers well. (This is not to say I don't think that we are being treated well - in fact my opinion is that we are, given the current constraints e.g. DST fix). I really don't know if there would be enough interest for TiVo to take this seriously. But it can't hurt to try. What would a reasonable amount be? $10? $20? If its $10 and 5,000 users, it would be $50k. I don't know if it would cover all of the development costs, but maybe TiVo would top off the shortfall. For my wish list, my #1 item would be incorporating the ability to enter Canadian Postal Codes during Guided Setup (not surprizing, I'm sure, given my Christmas wish exchange with jberman). Another item that may be useful is the DST update. As I understand it at a very high level, the current fix has been based on the requirement for no software update. What if we don't have that constraint? Would it be better for the software to be updated now in some way (maybe change the way the sofware uses the time from the server) so that if there is a decision to change DST again, TiVo can affect the change without any change to the software and in a way that it is transparent to the end-user? My point is less about how the optimal solution could work (a discussion point unto itself I expect), and more that maybe we could have an even better fix if we are not constrained by the latest software release. I know that there are many people who firmly believe that the subscriptions, original purchase prices, etc. should pay for the development costs for any Series 1 updates. If that is the view, I completely respect that. In anticipation of that, I have donned my flame-retardent suit for those who think I'm completely off my rocker and feel compelled to say so.