1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New cast member for Community next season

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bob Coxner, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...4718/another-breaking-bad-vet-joins-community

First the don Gus Fring dropped into Community — now his man Mike Ehrmantraut is giving Greendale a try. As EW reports, Breaking Bad’s Jonathan Banks will show up in 11 episodes of Community’s fifth season as "Pat Nichols, an intense criminology professor with a mysterious background in military and police work. … [Banks] makes his first appearance in the second episode of the season when Annie (Alison Brie) enrolls in his class." Theory: Slowly but surely, Dan Harmon is recruiting every notable Breaking Bad cast member — Walt, Jesse, Gomey, Badger, the dude with the eyebrows at the car wash — to his show, so that by the end of Community’s sixth season (and/or its movie), he'll be able to reveal his grand, subtly rolled out homage to the greatest meth drama of our generation. Things are gonna get pretty meta.

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Ugggh!! Really? If it gets TOO Breaking Bad meta, they might completely lose me.

3. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I love Banks. One of the best character actors out there, in my opinion. I was really happy to see him get a nice meaty role in Breaking Bad. Community kind of sucked last season, but I'm hoping it will return to form with Harmon back at the wheel.

4. MarkusH

MarkusH New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    I'm really curious about the next season of Community. Four was awful, so it will interesting to see how Harmon's going to handle damage control, especially without Chase, and Glover only back for five episodes.

As much as I'd love to see six seasons and a movie, I kind of hope this is the last. Let the series end on a high note.

5. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I actually didn't think it was totally bad. I think there were more misses than hits, but it wasn't a suckfest.

6. MarkusH

MarkusH New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    What annoyed me about it was it's lack if imagination. The first three seasons were so inventive. Instead of continuing that, four felt like it was re-hashing what came before. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh about the whole thing. I got as far as puppet episode, and decided it wasn't for me.

7. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    errrr. no, not really :rolleyes:

8. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Well not being a fan of Breaking Bad, for me, it would mean a lot over my head. I get bored with those episodes where the whole thing is meta and I'm the outside of the joke. But I'm probably in the minority. That's why I said, they'd lose ME.