1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new background

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tomjul629, Aug 29, 2013.

1. tomjul629

tomjul629 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    North of Boston
    I like the old premiere blue background better than the new black background. Is there anyway to default it back.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I hope they keep the new one. I really like the darker Blue better. I saw nothing in the options menus to change it.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I'm disappointed they got rid of the blue wiener. That has been a staple of the TiVo UI since the beginning. I'm betting it was at the request of their cable partners. They probably wanted something more modern.

4. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    I hope it gets ported to the Premiere to be honest. I've already been told both use the same Adobe Air (Flash) software with minor visual tweaks and the big difference being the hardware upgrades.
    For all we know the HDUI might be the future of what we see with TiVo models from what we've seen in the past with the SDUI from the S1 to the S4.

5. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    What?

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The blue wiener is the blue and yellow selection indicator they use to use. I did a little work for TiVo a few years back and internally they all referred to it as the blue wiener. On the Romaio it's been replaced with a yellow rectangle.

7. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    The weiner or hotdog name has been around since the Series 1s when you look at the individual graphics files that make up the UI. While I was writing DvrBARS jmbach and I even argued over the shade of yellow that I chose for the "mustard". :p

8. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Oh, I thought you were just being dirty :p Now where does the sauerkraut go?

9. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    I ate it all. With a last name like Gieseke what else would you expect?