1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking Issue With Menus - Help!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by macfactor, Sep 3, 2013.

1. macfactor

macfactor New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    My Roamio Plus is my first Tivo so I need a little help with a menu issue I am having.

I am getting both the C113 and C501 networking errors when accessing menus on regular basis. If I give it a minute it always comes back and everything is fine for a while. I thought it might be my network so I have spent the last two weeks trying to improve it but I have come to the realization that my network is fine.

I am running the Tivo on Wi-Fi but have an ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 and the Tivo is on the 5GHz side with 80% signal strength. I have tested the connection with several other devices and everything is supper fast. Also, when using Netflix the system is very fast and stable - no issues. So I know the network is fine.

Spoke with support and they wanted to blame the network but I am beginning to believe there might be a bigger issue.

What I need to know is if this is a common problem or if everyone else has really fast menus with no network issues?

2. Rkkeller

Rkkeller Active Member

May 13, 2004
    I didn't have menu problems, but my wifi connection had a couple problems so I hardwired it.

Can you try hard wiring it?

3. macfactor

macfactor New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    cannot hard wire right now but I really don't see why this would be an issue since I have steady 30 megs down and 5 up on this connection.