1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by flashedbios, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Sep 5, 2014 #1 of 13
    flashedbios

flashedbios New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Remember when netflix was easy to log into? When the Tivo displayed a six digit code, and you went on your computer or tablet and entered that on the netflix website and bam! your tivo and netflix account were paired. Now, you have to use the remote to type out every agonizing letter of the email address and password. And don't tell me to buy the slide remote, I shouldn't have to buy an extra accessory for convenience that used to be there. Does anybody know why they changed this? It used to be so nice when netflix broke to just unpair and re-pair just that easy.

2. Sep 5, 2014 #2 of 13
    bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    Use the virtual keypad on your IOS / Android device. :)

3. Sep 5, 2014 #3 of 13
    rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Netflix removed this option on all of their devices that use the new UI. You only have to do it once so it isn't a major issue.

4. Sep 5, 2014 #4 of 13
    meoge

meoge New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    I agree that it's not a major issue, but it is a pain compared to the old way. We've started using a password manager for all our accounts so our passwords are really long random character passphrases that are a pain to enter manually. It's not really a problem unless we are doing it on a device like the Tivo or Xbox.

5. Sep 5, 2014 #5 of 13
    bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I understand, and if I didn't have the virtual keyboard, I am sure I would have torn my hair out before today.

Good news is, you should only have to enter it once. (effectively speaking)

6. Sep 5, 2014 #6 of 13
    NJ Webel

NJ Webel Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    Yup! :up: Download the app, and use that to enter the Netflix login. I've even started using it to quickly enter search info or season pass info. Works like a champ.

7. Sep 5, 2014 #7 of 13
    flashedbios

flashedbios New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    I didn't know you could use the app. wow. and about entering it once, yea right. My Tivo loses its "token" like once a week. I used to just give up and tell my wife to enter the info. She has way more patience than me, because she deals with patients all day.

8. Sep 5, 2014 #8 of 13
    flashedbios

flashedbios New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    by the way what do you mean "netflix" switched the interface. I thought Tivo wrote all the apps for the tivo, so as to have control and make it consistant across everything.

9. Sep 5, 2014 #9 of 13
    rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Nope. The UI for the Netflix app on the TiVo Roamio platform is the same on Rokus, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, etc. Netflix actually pushes out small updates to the Netflix app on TiVos fairly regularly.

10. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Have you used the new premiere/roamio Netflix app? It is not nearly as consistent with the Tivo interface commands as the old one (meaning S3 and original premiere app). Netflix made the commands consistent across THEIR applications on various devices.

11. CinciDVR

CinciDVR Member

May 24, 2014
    My Tivo doesn't lose my Netflix login weekly, but I do seem to have to reenter it every 2-3 weeks.

12. achalupa

achalupa Member

Oct 27, 2008
    I have had that problem in the recent past as well. I've had good luck with exiting and reentering the Netflix app and it works fine. It's like it has the info but didn't use it sometimes.

13. sar840t2

sar840t2 Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Edmonds,...
    My Premiere Elite (XL4?) loses my Netflix credentials periodically. While we have the slide remote, I'm still annoyed that I have to re-enter the information.

The latest version of Nextflix is inconsistent with what it displays on the first screen - sometimes it shows "my" stuff, sometimes it shows recently-watched, but about 4 times out of ten it doesn't show either of those and I have to search for the series I was in the process of watching. Given that, I'm about ready to plunk down some money on a Roku and call it done.

TiVo still isn't the one box to rule them all. It's more like the "jack of all trades, master of none".

Mike