1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix vid dropouts last night

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by marklyn, Feb 12, 2014.

1. marklyn

marklyn New Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    Last night I tried to watch a Netflix movie and every 15 or so seconds the screen went black for about 1-2 seconds (no sound) and then resumed. (Other than that, the picture and audio was very good) After about 5 minutes of this I rebooted the Roamio, no change so I then watched the movie on the same network connection from my PS3 with no problem whatsoever.

I didn't see this issue listed here so I'm wondering if anyone else may have experience this problem yesterday or recently. I do see commentary on the Netflix layout but this definitely seemed like it had the potential to be a Netflix vs Roamio issue.

I meant to see if my Bravia Smart TV exhibited the same issue since Netflix is baked into it, but forgot to check it on there.

2. tivosupport_jaron

tivosupport_jaron New Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Marklyn,
    Please send me a private message with your TiVo service number so I can look into your issue further.
    Thanks,
    Jaron

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It sounds like resolution switching. When Netflix is overloaded, you will see this happen a lot. Try setting your TiVo to only output at one resolution.

4. marklyn

marklyn New Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    Actually it's only set for 1080i/1080p, everything else was/is unchecked.

5. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    So it was switching between 1080i and 1080p most likely. Disable on of those and you won't see the switching.

6. marklyn

marklyn New Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    I am pretty sure that I recall you were prompted to use both of them but I will see if I can try just checking one of them only.