1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by krismast, May 21, 2013.

1. krismast

krismast New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Hi everyone! I could really use some help. I gave up on a netflix streaming account more than a year go because I had so many problems with it on my tivo. It did work for awhile but then stopped and never worked again. It always said there was an unexpected error. Today I tried to sign up again for streaming. I tried to activate it on tivo and no luck. Same error message as all those months ago! Does anybody have any suggestions of what I should try first?

Thanks!

Kris

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    First try giving us more information. What model TiVo? What exactly are you doing to sign up and what specific messages or results do you get? Have you tried setting up a Netflix account via a browser?

3. DougJohnson

DougJohnson Member

Dec 11, 2006
    Buy one of these?

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

I don't mean to be a smart-a, but I've found Netflix on TiVo to be a pretty shaky proposition. Unreliable, no surround sound, awkward interface, and limited searching.

About a year ago, I switched to the WD Live for everything other than TiVo's sweet spot, which is recording and showing broadcast/cable TV. Streaming like NetFlix, Pandora, and playing video and music off the in-house NAS are all vastly superior to my much loved S3 OLED.

-- Doug

4. lachacg

lachacg Go Giants!

Jan 11, 2003
    NJ
    And it appears to have a 100 episode limit. I can only see the last 100 episodes of a series when I bring it up.

I'll second this recommendation, do not use your S3 for Netflix viewing. It is not very good at it. I now use my PS3 for Netflix. Every once in a while I forget and I use the S3 Netflix and it will always fail for some reason or another. (poor quality video, losing connections, etc.)

You can get a very cheap streaming box or a bluray player with Netflix built in. Every one I've used does a better job than my S3.

5. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I use my S3 all the time without issue. Normally, it seems to know where you are in a series and have not had an issue with the 100 episode limit. I suppose if I watched things out of order I would care more, but I don't.