1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix has no graphics

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dcrowell77, Jul 10, 2014.

1. dcrowell77

dcrowell77 Member

Dec 27, 2007
    For the last few days the Netflix app on my Premiere has been missing all of the cover photos. I can scroll around to different shows and watch them fine, but it is a bit difficult to find them when everything is black except for the textual description of the currently selected show. Anyone else seen this before?

2. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Do you have the 20.4.2 summer update?

3. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    step 1: reboot.

4. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I am also seeing severe delays, 30sec to 2min in the Netflix graphics populating, on my TiVos, both with the summer update and on one Mini that does not yet have 20.4.2

My Samsung Smart TV does not have the same delay, so this would seem to be a TiVo side latency issue.

5. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    I'm seeing this delay too, I'm not sure it's a TiVo issue as much as Netflix since after all it occurs after you are logged into Netflix and would seem to be netflix's problem since that's were the data is originating from.

6. dcrowell77

dcrowell77 Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I saw the issue before getting the update and the issue was still there after the update+reboot last night. I never let it sit for several minutes to see if the graphics eventually do show up, I'll try that tonight.

7. Megamind

Megamind Dazed & Confused

Feb 18, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    I am also seeing this behavior, both pre- and post update.

8. cwoody222

cwoody222 Active Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    I saw this problem after the summer update. But I wonder if it's more because I had to log in again after the update.

I exited the app and re-started it and then the graphics appeared.

A day later, it seems fine. I think it just had a little hiccup after the reboot/re-logging in.

9. FishTank1701

FishTank1701 New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Central NJ
    Since the summer update came down the pipe, I'm having the same problem with Netflix on my Premier XL4. I also have a Premier XL 2 tuner, which is not having the problem. I've already rebooted the XL4 a few times to see if that helps, but no joy in Mudville tonight.

10. dcrowell77

dcrowell77 Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I'm still seeing this issue when I start up the app but, as suggested by a previous comment, when I wait for a couple minutes the pictures all show up.

11. jmatero

jmatero Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Have to tell you, the Netflix app on my TiVo is pretty unusable. In the amount of time it takes just to load, I can switch to AppleTV and already we watching my show. Is it the processor or OS TiVo is using??? Terrible