1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix audio problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by thegibster, May 31, 2012.

1. thegibster

thegibster New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Ever since I received the new TiVo update I've had problems with Netflix. When I try to watch a program I usually have a perfect picture but it's running too fast (approx 1.10x speed) along with NO audio....very frustrating.

A few programs (approx 10% of my queue) play just fine.

I've tried deleting the "bad" programs than adding them again...no difference.

I'm not sure if this is a TiVo issue or a Netflix issue but the fact that it appeared immediately after the latest TiVo update makes me suspicious.

I've sent e-mail error messages to Netflix, but so far no improvement but it's only been a few hours.

2. thegibster

thegibster New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Thanks to the 72 who viewed my post. I found some prior threads that seem to point to Netflix as the problem. Maybe Blockbuster can get it right.

3. jeanr1952

jeanr1952 New Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Hi, I'm not sure if this will help, but I've been dealing with audio issues as well since the update. It started on Hulu Plus. I simply had no audio and would have to restart tivo every time I wanted to watch Hulu. After trying to troubleshoot with tivo and hulu, I ended up with a month of free hulu and no solutions. A couple of days later I had no audio on youtube. A day later, no sound on Netflix. I had to restart tivo several times a day to watch anything. (I don't have cable and rely heavily on those apps to keep the family happy!)

So, after days of dealing with that we finally ran out of fixes to try and decided to try a new tivo box. I've had tivo for exactly one year and didn't expect the box to poop out so quickly. Tivo would like to charge me $50 for a new box. I just won't pay that and am working on cancelling. I accessed netflix, hulu plus, and youtube through my wii and have had zero problems. No audio issues at all! In fact, everything seems to load faster and run smoother.

I don't know if your issue was the same. Tivo told me repeatedly that they haven't heard of anyone else having an audio issue since the update. I figure I can't be the only one!!

4. vectorcatch

vectorcatch New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Are you using HDMI? If so, it is probably a handshake issue. I run into them all the time with my receiver. Instead of rebooting the TiVo, try changing the input on your TV (or receiver) to another input and then change it back to the TiVo input. This will cause the TiVo to re-handshake the hdmi connection, which usually fixes the problem for me.

5. thegibster

thegibster New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Yes, I am using HDMI and, lo and behold, problem solved!

I changed the input on the receiver and then switched back to the TiVo input and then Netflix played perfectly.

Thanks so much for your reply.

What's the weak link here??? TiVo? Onyko receiver? HDMI?