1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix App updated. Now how about updating Amazon Instant Video

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Lrscpa, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Lrscpa

Lrscpa New Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Amazon app looks so 1997. When I saw the Amazon app on my PS3, I couldn't believe it was the same provider.

2. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    I still don't understand if the problem getting it updates is with Tivo or Amazon. Seems like they are blaming eachother from what I have seen.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Obviously Amazon would have to develop the app but TiVo has to give them access to the SDK (and probably work closely while development takes place). It also requires a licensing deal between TiVo and Amazon before Amazon will even start work on the app. So both sides have their part in this. I don't think it is about blame but about neither side putting forth much effort to get it done.

4. Weezknight

Weezknight New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Amazon is on the front page of Yahoo today because they have their first "original" series coming out for streaming.

I'm thinking they are going to want to get that series in front of as many eyes as possible. If that's the case then I've got my fingers crossed for Prime streaming coming to the Tivo soon.

But that's all just speculation and wishing.

5. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Really thinking the OP is looking for a replacement app for the existing one, not an Amazon Prime app. However, their new series "Alpha House" is really good and I'm looking forward to future eps.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    TiVo has a unique deal with Amazon. They are the only platform that actually offers downloads which are compatible with TiVos all the way back to the S2 units. If they offer a Prime compatible streaming app I wonder if they'll continue to offer the ability to download?