1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to connect Toshiba Tivo to converter box

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by Tom B, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Tom B

Tom B New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I need to connect this Toshiba Tivo DVR (RSTX20) to an HD converter box for over the air reception & recording. Is there a particular brand / model of HD converter box that is made to use the serial control cable? (The converter box I have now does not have a serial connecor.)

I have misplaced the Toshiba IR control cable, and am interested in finding the specs on it.

2. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    I'm not aware of any HD OTA converter box that can be controlled via the serial port of the TiVo. The HD OTA converter boxes are all controlled via IR, at least the ones from the converter box coupon program. The TiVo knows how to control those boxes.

You can get IR blasters from several sources. I know the ones from Xantech work, or you can get one directly from TiVo.

Hope that helps,
    robomeister

3. Tom B

Tom B New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I found a Sony cable box "mouse" - - it has a sub-miniature 3 conductor plug on it. The Toshiba Tivo jack is miniature. I don't know how many connections. If I knew this Sony device would work I'd get an adapter from sub-min to min, or wire up a new min size plug.

I'm looking for ideas

4. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
  5. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
  6. coachoutletullho

coachoutletullho New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Canada
    Coach Outlet An recommendations on all Coach bus shop cyberspace:
    Tag:coachmallstores com/coach-poppy-patent-sophia-red-multi-satchel-p-590 html]Coach Tote,coachmallstores com/coach-madison-op-art-pocket-apricot-fuchsia-tote-handbag-p-1471 html]Coach Outlet,coachmallstores com/coach-poppy-signature-tie-apricot-satchel-handbag-p-813 html]Coach Outlet

7. Tom B

Tom B New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Thank you. Fortunately I was able to locate my Toshiba IR cable for the Toshiba Tivo DVR (RSTX20). Next I need to ask about setting this up with a converter box that connects to an antenna for local HDTV programming. (I'll start a separate message thread.)