1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with manual set up for wireless-n network adapter

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by alleybj, Jul 22, 2010.

1. alleybj

alleybj Member

Dec 6, 2000
    atlanta, ga usa
    the instructions say to type in 192.168.10.1 in the browser to access the setup page, but the browser won't open that page; can anyone suggest a modification to my network connections that will let me access 192.168.10.1? My network gateway is 192.168.2.1. Thanks

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Make sure the computer is not connected to any other network (not wireless either) and make sure you have the ethernet of the adapter plugged into the computer directly.

3. jbernardis

jbernardis New Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    There are probe utilities that let you discover what is on your network. I had to use one once when I lost/forgot the IP address of my NAS. Look over at snapfiles.com. I think the one I used was called "the dude" or something like that, but that was a while ago.

4. kjledford

kjledford New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    i had the same probelm. i was using my laptop. what i did to fix it was to 1) turn on the LAN port (mine was off) and then i 2) turned off the wireless. It was then able to bring up the website. Also - make sure you have the switch on the adapter pushed to client. It is in a "middle" position when you get it. Let us know what you think? I upgraded from a wireless G and I really am not seeing a huge difference?