1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with deleting files in WHS after playback with Streambaby

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by atomarchio, Aug 15, 2012.

1. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    After using Streambaby to play a particular file, I am unable to delete without rebooting my HP LX195 Home Server. It says the file is still open but I have completely exited the streambaby application.

Is there any way to delete the file without rebooting my server each time?

Please let me know. Thanks.

2. reneg

reneg Member

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm don't have a HP LX195, but I do have a WHS setup. For me on certain files, streambaby errors out playing back some files. Sometimes when this happens. ffmpeg continues to hold the file open which prohibits the file from being deleted. I installed Process Explorer (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653) on the WHS server and then remote desktop into the WHS server and kill the ffmpeg process. This allows me to delete the file.

3. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I installed Process Explorer on my WHS. However, I don't see an ICON. When I go into the director I Only see the .txt file.

Please help so I can find/run the app. Thanks.

4. reneg

reneg Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Once you unzip the download, there are only 3 files. The program, a help file, and a eula.txt file. It does not have an installer, so no icon will be created. If the program is not appearing then perhaps then perhaps there is a directory permission issue or an over-eager virus checker.

5. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I figured out the file was a .zip and then was only extracting the .txt file. I was able to "unblock" and get the application running.

How do I find the ffmpeg file in the application? Since I just rebooted the server again, will it appear?

Please let me know. Thanks.

6. reneg

reneg Member

Jun 19, 2002
    See the attached file. wrapper.exe is streambaby. If you hover the mouse over the filename, it displays more information. java.exe is the environment that streambaby runs in. Beneath that is ffmpeg.exe which is launched by streambaby to convert the video file. The text box below that is when I hovered over ffmpeg.exe. If you right click on ffmpeg.exe, you can kill the process. If ffmpeg was left running due to an error, after killing it, you should be able to delete the video file.

Attached Files:

7. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I still can't the find the ffmpeg.exe file.

Is it possible I am using a different program/app to do this. I've attached a screenshot.

Please advise. Thanks.

Attached Files:

8. reneg

reneg Member

Jun 19, 2002
    It's possible that you aren't seeing the same problem that I see. If ffmpeg were hung, it would have been listed there. Not sure what you should try next.

9. msmart

msmart New Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Then you may want to install and use Process Monitor to see what process has the file open.

I've not used Process Monitor so I can't help you directly but I have used the legacy Filemon program with success for similar situations.

10. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I installed the process monitor. The list of files is massive. How do I narrow the down the list to find the particular MP4 file that is open?