1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with a Boolen Search

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Davelnlr_, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Davelnlr_

Davelnlr_ Member

Jan 12, 2011
    North...
    I have a DirecTv HR34, and the following boolen search picks up all the Nascar races: AALL NASCAR NNOT PRACTICE QUALIFYING

I programmed the same thing into the Tivo, and it is recording all sorts of stuff like Nascar live on speed, but is missing the races.

Does anyone have a boolen wishlist search set up that will catch all the Nascar (Sprint, Nationwide, and Truck) races, without recording all the practice, qualifying and other non-race shows?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    TiVo doesn't do Boolean searches. It has its own syntax for controlling searches that is not as powerful.

3. Davelnlr_

Davelnlr_ Member

Jan 12, 2011
    North...
    I guess I need to know if I should use the title of the races, or items from the description, or both? Something I could enter to signify live events (like the races) would be great.

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    It would help if you could tell us the info that shows in the guide for one of the programs you want - the title and perhaps the channel it runs on.

5. Davelnlr_

Davelnlr_ Member

Jan 12, 2011
    North...
    For tomorrows race is shows "2013 Daytona 500" for the title, and the description is
    Sports Event, Auto Racing, Sports, First Aired: 2/24/13

The next race is: NASCAR RACING for a title, and description is (HD) No Rating, Auto Racing, Sports Event, First Aired: 3/2/13

Following race is: NASCAR RACING for a title, and description is (HD,CC,Stereo,Blackout) No Rating, Auto Racing, Sports Event, First Aired: 3/3/13

So I guess I need to find a search that will pick up "Auto Racing" and Sports Event" and ignore everything else.