1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Buying A Tivo.

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by xyz, Jan 22, 2013.

1. xyz

xyz New Member

Apr 11, 2002
    PA
    I used to have a tivo a few years ago, and I absolutely loved it. I moved about 5 years ago and did not have a phone line so I just went with the comcast dvr, which I hate. It seems to screw up all the time and it just never works right. I started looking at tivos again and I see that you can hook them up to your wifi now, which would be perfect for me. So. i saw a tivo premiere that holds 75 hours and has dual tuners for only 100 bucks. It seems perfect, but I don't know if I need anything else for this. I a router for my computer so is that all I need? I'm kind of stupid with stuff like this. Any help would be appreciated.

2. xyz

xyz New Member

Apr 11, 2002
    PA
    I think this is the wrong forum, could a mod move please?

3. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    The premiere has an Ethernet (wired network) port and 2 USB ports, if your Tivo is close to the router you can plug a cable from your router to your Tivo to connect it to Tivo Control Central, otherwise you will need the Tivo branded Wifi adapter, which plugs into the USB port.

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Connecting a Tivo to a broadband home network via ethernet or wifi, has been an available option for a lot longer than 5 years.