1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice re Roamio Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by alleybj, May 27, 2014.

1. alleybj

alleybj Member

Dec 6, 2000
    atlanta, ga usa
    Today all programs started jittering, recorded and "live." I have an external hard drive but disconnected that and the live program continued to display the same behavior. Jerkiness, like lost frames, sometimes pixilation. Multiple reboots did not fix, but after 5 reboots, currently back to normal. Thoughts? It's nine months old. Any warranty left? Thanks

2. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Next time you see it occurring you may want to go into the Diagnostics screen and check out the RS Uncorrected number. That should help determine whether its the signal from your cable provider or an issue somewhere after it hits the TiVo. If that number is growing rapidly its a signal issue. You'll see this stat for each tuner your Roamio has.

Do you have a Tuning Adapter in your setup?

As a failsafe, you should have a 1 year parts warranty.

3. alleybj

alleybj Member

Dec 6, 2000
    atlanta, ga usa
    Thanks, when you mention diagnostics are you talking about running the Kickstarts? I don't have a tuning adapter.

4. kbmb

kbmb Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Nope, the diagnostics screen in Settings:

From TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Account & System Info > DVR Diagnostics

You can read more about these settings here:
    http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/150

-Kevin

5. alleybj

alleybj Member

Dec 6, 2000
    atlanta, ga usa
    Thanks

6. alleybj

alleybj Member

Dec 6, 2000
    atlanta, ga usa
    Well, it's not currently acting up, but diagnostics show zero corrected and uncorrected. It is hard to see how it's the cable feed, given that the problem was impacting recorded shows which currently play just fine. I did notice in the diagnostics that the SNR was 40db, which is higher than recommended. Anything that should be done about that? I'm currently offloading everything I can just in case of catastrophic failure.