1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCIS casting

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, Jul 31, 2013.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    didnt see this in the forum yet. ill definitely miss her, especially when her hair was down :) so do you really get tired of doing shows like this and the money? i guess it's possible but i'd have to think it's pretty darn rewarding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29/cbs-cote-de-pablo-money-ncis-leaving_n_3671151.html

"We offered Cote a lot of money and then we offered her even more money," Moonves said. "We really didn't want to lose her. We love her ... We obviously were in discussion with the rest of the cast and the producers [and Cote]. Ultimately, she decided she didn't want to do the show."

2. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I liked her character and it looked like she and Tony were warming to each other.

3. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Time to bring Kate back and explain away the bullet in the head as an evil twin or clone!

4. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Sasha Alexander is sort of busy co-starring in Rizzoli and Isles, with Angie Harmon.

I'm curious if her replacement will an actress new to the series, or if they bring in a character that has appeared before, however briefly. Maybe somebody that was slated for NCIS:Red. I don't see many seasons left for the original NCIS, but maybe it has gotten an extension now that Red has been axed.

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    We'll miss Ziva, too. Something I read yesterday indicated that, early in the upcoming season, they will address the "will they/won't they" issue between her and Tony...

6. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    I didnt even know that show was still on the air. Ill have to start catching up.. it fell off my radar after season 1.

7. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    The first season was only 10 episodes, and season two started an entire year later. Seasons two, three and four (almost halfway through so far) are 15 episodes, but again, starting a YEAR apart. I pretty much forget everything from the past season by the time the next starts. This applies to a few shows that only air a short summer season.

8. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    The writing for the female agents on the show has always been sub-par, IMHO. I can see why someone would want to move on. I wish her all the best.

And it'll be good for the show to mix things up a little.

9. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    This

10. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I'd like to see them bring back the young lady who's a relative of the producer and played McGee's girlfriend in a short scene at the end of one of the episodes a few years ago, wearing nothing but one of his shirts.

11. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    McGee has a new girlfriend this year according to THIS...Margo Harshman. She played Sheldon's brainiac assistant on BBT last season.

12. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    In the past, actors have turned down alot more money than she was making because they wanted to move on to something else. This is nothing new.

13. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    such as
    Chevy Chase - Saturday Night Live
    David Caruso - NYPD Blue
    McLean Stevenson - M*A*S*H

and they all found immediate success after leaving their TV series while it was still very highly rated

14. Worf

Worf Active Member

Sep 15, 2000
    One wonders if this will be the last or second to last season for NCIS - to let NCIS LA and NCIS Red take over and be the ones to carry the brand.

Sort of like what happened to JAG - it starts to collapse a bit, then finds its legs enough for a final season to wrap it all up and let the spinoff thrive.

15. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    NCIS has been the top rated scripted show for the past two years.

16. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Smyrna, GA
    NCIS Red was scrapped.

17. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Hadn't heard that. I am a bit surprised that they axed it without giving it a chance.

18. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Didn't David Caruso bomb as a movie actor? I thought it wasn't until he came back to TV years later that he got popular again.

19. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    There is no NCIS Red. It wasn't picked up for a series.

There was nothing to axe.

20. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    Right, he was all but invisible until CSI: Miami.