1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA MBB guide data

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by achalupa, Mar 18, 2017.

1. achalupa

achalupa Member

Oct 27, 2008
    It appears TiVo is making an effort to keep guide data accurate for NCAA tournament games.

I'm OTA so only CBS, but I have teams in the guide data for all Saturday and Sunday games. True even for games that were dependent on those that ended late Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. powrcow

powrcow New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I also noticed. This was something that the old guide wouldn't get updated on time.

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    That surprised me. Game showing opponents was quickly in the guide.

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Rovi must have a lot of basketball fan employees. ;)

UCLABB likes this.
  6. tluxon

tluxon Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Kirkland, WA
    It's been a pleasant surprise, to say the least. In previous years it would skip some recordings simply because the description was so vague that the scheduler thought it was already recorded. It got to where I would set up all manual recordings just to make sure a game I wanted wouldn't get skipped.

7. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    And so, not only did Rovi do well with this, but it actually has improved on the pre-Rovi days! ;)

8. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Was it better rovi data or did TiVo listen to prior complaints and perform extra hand holding to provide a better experience for us?

9. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I just did a Search on "NCAA". It found some strange entries. Three identical ones labeled "NCAA Basketball Tournament". One was a single CBS game, Saturday 6pm "Final Four". One was "no upcoming episodes". One was good with CBS and TBS games up to 3/26. My guide ends 4/2.