1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC orders a pilot episode of Murder, She Wrote reboot

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by WhiskeyTango, Oct 24, 2013.

1. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    They really need to stop with the reboots. Bionic Woman, Knight Rider, V, Ironside, Mockingbird Lane (The Munsters), Charlie's Angels.

Any takers?

2. stahta01

stahta01 Simple Member

Dec 23, 2001
    Fort Wayne,...
    So, a repeat of a mass murderer who goes around framing other people as the murders.

I still think in real life that is more believable than the real show idea.

Tim S.

3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Seriously. That show appealed to folks out of the core demo when it was on FIRST run. How is this going to appeal to the core demo today?

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
  5. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    I suspect the mystery writer will not be in her late sixties. Hell, choose most any of the age 40+ hotties in the "Hawtest" thread, and you may have a decent shot.

6. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thank goodness for DVR's and iPads. I couldn't imagine another generation of our youth being forced to watch Murder She Wrote and Matlock while visiting their grandparents, or while their grandparents were visiting. I missed many fine Alf and Punky Brewster episodes because we had to watch Murder She Wrote.

7. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Of course grandparents today are watching syndicated reruns of Alf and Punky Brewster :D

8. dtle

dtle Active Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Philly, PA
    As "a hospital administrator", I bet she (or her sidekick) will be doing some CSI-like investigations, too.

9. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Because we all know that, at its core, the skill set of a healthcare administrator is similar to a detective. :rolleyes:

Good lord.

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    If they were smart, they would not name this show "Murder She Wrote". Unfortunately, the name automatically makes you think of the old series and not some new, trying to be hip series. If the idea is to bring in the younger demos, naming the series that is not going to help.

11. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
  12. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    As noted in the OP, Octavia Spencer (43 yrs. old) is set to topline the series.

13. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    That's what I don't quite get. It doesn't sound at all like the same series, other than that the main character is a mystery writer cum real-life detective. There's enough differences that I don't think they even needed to say it is the same series.

14. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Hospital administrator? Are they rebooting the right show? That sounds more like "Diagnosis Murder". :p