1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC in Boston (60.2 Channel Thread ONLY )

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DVROldTimer, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Jan 1, 2017 #1 of 14
    DVROldTimer

DVROldTimer New Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Others threads muddy the waters for the 50% of us that can only get the NEW NBC on 60.5, please keep the conversation ONLY about 60.5

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. Jan 1, 2017 #2 of 14
    DVROldTimer

DVROldTimer New Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I'm hopping TiVo support and the NEW NBC staff are working on this issue :)

The New WBTS-LD NBC signal was to weak to reach most of the OTA user below the Boston line, to fix the issue, NBC new channel WBTS is leasing an antenna located at the same area where the old WHDH channel 7 has there antenna (about a mile away), with this antenna they can service more customer that the old. The problem is that they are not using the same channel as is promoted (and the signal is strong).

TiVo just included the channel 60.5 to the lineup on the last re-scan but the 60.5 Channel does NOT have any schedule information, therefore we can't setup auto recording for NBC.
    Again, most of us in the south area "only" receive 60.5 (I was hopping the new antenna would just amplify the sign wit the same channel but Noooo!! that would be too easy).

So here is the question, is this a TiVo issue (meaning that TiVo would have duplicate the schedule for the channel or link them together somehow) or is TiVo waiting on NBC to populate the public schedule system? I reported the issue to NBC WBTS on Dec 20th, but no one has contact me back.

Tomorrow the first set of NBC show start airing and for now I had to set manual recoding from 60.5, let's hope this is not the solution :)

Please, please, keep the conversation on 60.5, there are other thread you can go an use to talk about the "Other" channels for WBTS. Thanks

3. Jan 1, 2017 #3 of 14
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  4. Jan 1, 2017 #4 of 14
    aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    There is really no excuse for any of this. NBC has been planning this for months. There is no reason why these companies can't work together and have this done right on day one.

5. Jan 2, 2017 #5 of 14
    UPS Dude

UPS Dude New Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Hopefully they are working on the issue. I just emailed TiVo and NBC Boston about the problem. I get 60.5 but no programming info and I don't get 8.1 but I do have the programming info. Not the smooth transition I had hoped for.

6. Jan 2, 2017 #6 of 14
    UPS Dude

UPS Dude New Member

Jan 2, 2017
    6o.5 isn't listed in the channel guide in the app, so I'm thinking the problem may be on TiVo's end.

7. Jan 3, 2017 #7 of 14
    ovitmggw

ovitmggw New Member

Jan 3, 2017
    This is the problem I have too. 8.1 doesn't even reach Boston.

8. Jan 4, 2017 #8 of 14
    lar01

lar01 New Member

Mar 13, 2015
    The name of this thread is obviously wrong (says 60.2 only but should say 60.5 only). As I've posted elsewhere, I'm yet another person who can only get NBC Boston on 60.5 (along Route 9 in Brookline Village), and although 60.5 is on my channel list on my TIVO and comes in well, the guide information just says "To Be Announced" and info screens just say "Title Not Available." I've submitted this to NBC Boston once and to TiVo multiple times, but as of this morning, still not fixed.

9. Jan 4, 2017 #9 of 14
    lar01

lar01 New Member

Mar 13, 2015
    I did a chat with TIVO Customer Support. The guy told me that they've had lots of people contact them about the same thing, then said that it takes about 7-11 days to deal with a lineup request form, that because they have many of those forms, it might take more than the 11 days, and that they show me filling in one on Jan. 1. I pointed out that they assigned me a case number back on Dec. 21st, when I first emailed them, but that doesn't seem to matter, all that matters is the date of the lineup request form. I told him that I'd bet that many of those lineup request forms were about the same issue, and he looked and said that they had other people who'd reported this. I then asked if they could give this a higher priority since they were hearing from many people, and he said they don't do things like that but he was sure that TIVO must know about this. I think if they were smart, they'd post a general message on their support site addressing the status of this, giving updates, etc. but they have their system. I have the same situation as others, can see the program guide info at 8.1, but not the actual broadcast, and can see the actual broadcast but not the program guide info at 60.5. If I were TIVO management or support, I'd grasp on that and just add the same program info from 8.1 to 60.5, esp. since the channel name of WBTS-LD is shown the same for both. But I'm not, I'm just a customer. BTW, I wonder if anyone from TIVO has a job reading these posts and reporting to management about them?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  10. ovitmggw

ovitmggw New Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Thanks for the update.

Yes it would be nice if they would give a public update. appears they are too busy selling their patents to hbo.

11. lar01

lar01 New Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Hooray! My TIVO suddenly had a message that my channel lineup had changed, and it turned out that 60.5 is now named WMFP-DT5 instead of WBTS-LD, and the guide info is there!!!

Mikeguy and ovitmggw like this.
  12. ovitmggw

ovitmggw New Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Hope this means they got their act together.

13. UPS Dude

UPS Dude New Member

Jan 2, 2017
    The Guide is up. Life is Good. I love my TiVo.

Now they need to update the App, as well as remove the NBC logo from 7-1 WHDH.

14. UPS Dude

UPS Dude New Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Well damn, the app has been updated to include 8-1, 60-2, 60-5, as well as some other channels I don't receive. Great job TiVo.