1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC channel in Boston area moving

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by laria, Dec 23, 2016.

1. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I had no clue this was coming until I just saw a Suggested Post on Facebook about it. Hopefully OnePasses will migrate ok, but you might want to keep an eye on them next week.

Boston Channel Finder

2. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Since it's Channel 10 on many providers, they should be calling it "Bos-10."

3. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Newburyport, MA
    There are a few posts about this in the Community Forum but I am glad someone also posted here. Please see this one thread as an example of what is going on...

NBC in Boston

The new channel is on the proper channel number, but the guidee data for many is in Spanish and is using the wrong subchannel. You may have to utilize manual recordings until they can figure this out (not that hard) and get it straightened out (could be hard for them).

4. sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    It's 516 on FiOS. The channel is there with no guide data at all. Submitted a lineup issue. The nearest 1P I have on NBC is Blindspot on January 4

5. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Newburyport, MA
    Got a tweet a little while ago from TiVoSupport. At least they acknowledge the errors now.....

6. sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Still nothing. Had another session with support and they suggested guided setup. I had been resisting, but finally capitulated. No joy. There's no sign this will be fixed on FiOS any time in the near future.

7. LostCluster

LostCluster Member

Feb 10, 2002
    There's a bit of confusion about the channel IDs on Comcast. On WNEU Merrimack, Telemundo is on DT1, Countdown NBC Boston is on DT2... on WBTS-LD Boston, Countdown NBC Boston is on DT1, Telemundo is on DT2.

My Comcast Cablecarded Tivo is showing Countdown NBC Boston with Telemundo guide data, and TeleXitos (Telemundo's Spanish movie channel) with Countdown NBC Boston....

The Countdown ends tonight with a 6-hour 6pm-Midnight New Year's coverage special, then WHDH loses NBC (except for a temporary holdover of The Today Show) and WBTS-LD/WNEU takes over.

8. Jan 1, 2017 #9 of 45
    ksb729

ksb729 New Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Anyone on Fios having any luck with an updated guide? 1/1 has come and 516 still shows NBC Boston as all "To Be Announced"
    And this appears to totally be on TiVo, the online Fios guide shows all the correct NBC programming listed for 16/516.

9. bbrown9

bbrown9 Member

Mar 12, 2011
    No, no data and I'm pissed!

10. dmbfan36_23

dmbfan36_23 Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    This is ridiculous, I just tweeted @tivo and @TiVoSupport about the lack of guide data for FiOS. Guided Setup will not fix it, I refuse to do it. Forcing calls is good enough.

11. sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Zatz retweeted one of my public digs at TiVo for this. I'd invite everyone to pile on with their own tweets or retweeting this. I've also responded to their most recent facebook postings with digs.

12. bbrown9

bbrown9 Member

Mar 12, 2011
    They fixed it!!!!

13. dmbfan36_23

dmbfan36_23 Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    Maybe my DDoS attack threat scared them into it ;-)

14. sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    In addition to the tweet I sent this morning, to which Chris responded, I also harassed them on Facebook and they actually responded there with a request for my particulars so they could look into it. I guess something shook loose.

But, before I get too excited, are we talking about Comcast or Verizon?

15. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    I forced a connection (Verizon Fios) and got the guide data.

However, my season passes didn't migrate. I went through and made changes by hand. What a pita this has been.

16. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Comcast has been fixed since Friday or Saturday last week. I think they are only talking about Verizon right now.

17. dmbfan36_23

dmbfan36_23 Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    My Blindspot season pass migrated because it was not bound to a channel, I think I have to manually move some other ones.

18. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    My passes set to all channels migrated, but to channel 983 on Comcast, which seems to be TeleXitos part of the day and NBC at night or something. I ended up removing the channel like I do with all other Spanish, shopping, religion, etc type channels, and then it automagically went to 810.

19. dmbfan36_23

dmbfan36_23 Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    Has anyone noticed that the channel isn't showing up in the mobile app guide? I tried to search for 516 on the iOS app and it's not finding it. I wonder if I need to get on the same network as my TiVo once with the guide data populated on my box.

EDIT: ah, it re-added the stations as new and I had to add them back into my channel list again.