1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC Cancel's

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Fl_Gulfer, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    NBC Cancels 'Ironside,' 'Welcome To The Family'

LOS ANGELES — NBC says it's canceling two freshman shows, "Ironside" and "Welcome to the Family."

"Ironside," starring Blair Underwood in an updated version of the Raymond Burr police drama, will air its final episode on Wednesday. Burr's "Ironside" aired from 1967-75, but low ratings will keep the new series to a total of four episodes.

"Welcome to the Family," a Thursday night comedy about a young couple's unplanned pregnancy, won't have a chance to say goodbye. Its last airing was this week.

Replacing "Ironside" on Wednesday nights in November and December will be a mix of shows including episodes of "Dateline" and "Saturday Night Live" holiday-themed specials, NBC said.

"Parks and Recreation" episodes and specials will fill in for the departed "Welcome to the Family," the network said Friday.

2. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Previously discussed last week in this thread, which has become the all-purpose "cancelled during the 2013 season" thread.

3. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I missed the cancel on Ironside. I guess I should go delete the two episodes I have on my TiVo and kill the season pass. I actually watched the pilot and thought it was decent, but for some reason, just stopped watching newer episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.