1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC Brian Williams interview with Edward Snowden - 5/28/14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, May 28, 2014.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full title: NBC News Exclusive with Brian Williams: Inside the Mind of Edward Snowden

Will be on 5/28/14 @ 10 pm on NBC.

NBC Nightly News was promoting it and aired a brief clip. The text at http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/edwa...ells-brian-williams-i-was-trained-spy-n115746 is basically what the news covered + a little more.

Anyone going to watch? I've got my TiVo set to record it.

2. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Thanks for the heads up.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
  4. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I'm absolutely watching it. I'll have to time-shift it for Thursday since 10 PM is too late for me.

5. Borack

Borack New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    Only if Brian Williams is a closet CIA agent and whacks him on live TIVO/TV.. (Unless Williams gets outed before the interview !!) :p:p

6. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
  7. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    You think they'd air this live? Please, this was taped over a week ago in Russia.

8. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Well, in that case, wouldn't it have been better to have Williams whack Putin?

The Secretary could disavow and put the blame on NBCUniversal-Comcast, who could allege that it was all set up back when GE was the owner and that they had no prior knowledge.

And GE could say "Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis?"

9. Borack

Borack New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    OMG....Really..?? You mean so they can edit and stuff...or not locate with a live signal or something ?? (unless the ping his phone of course, or Brian Williams....) Thanks for the info :eek:

10. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    It's available with added panel afterwards at http://nbcnews.com

Snowden is a patriot, but they can't just let him walk so anybody with a clearance thinks they can do the same.

My thought is that Snowden will have to be in exile for 10-20 years until he finally gets a pardon from President Chelsea Clinton.

11. Borack

Borack New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    The GRU cant let him leave...yet..You have a pretty low bar for Patriotism..The telephone metadata is a extremely minute amount of info he stole...The rest is some extremely heavy duty stuff that compromised sources and methods and will cost BILLIONS and lives....

12. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Care to comment on PRISM, which was a hell of a lot more than telephone metadata.

13. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Oh no...it's going to cost a lot of money to stop the government from trampling all over the fourth amendment?

It's like a thief complaining to the judge that the only reason he will serve time is because someone caught him...

14. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    You know how I know you didn't watch?

15. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    The journalists have a lot more stuff that they're vetting and running by legal, etc.

I can see how the NSA lost the flick and it became, "AND, AND AND we can get this and sort this, and math it with this, and churn this and we'll know when he needs to take a dump before he does!" and nowhere along the way was anybody saying, "Umm guys, should we be doing this?"

Snowden asked - several times. Snowden was told to stop asking questions.

16. Borack

Borack New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    Your right...

You know how I know you are so gullible...?? :rolleyes:

17. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I just wish he had somehow run everything past a sympathetic senator or something before making it public.

I was surprised that Williams didn't ask Snowden who is paying his bills in Russia? I'm assuming the US froze his bank accounts.

I was also surprised that Snowden seemed so amazed about what seemed like just a real time key logger program.

18. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Dunno, but Snowden planned for quite a while so he must have taken steps to have money stashed overseas. As he says he was assigned overseas many times.

If there was IndieGoGo project for him, he'd become a millionaire.

You just know that once he writes a book, it'll be "SEE! THAT'S WHY HE DID IT! FOR THE MONEY!"

More importantly, how does a guy who never got High School diploma get a job like that?

19. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    Is there any actual proof of that?

-smak-

20. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...