1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville 1/5 - new pass needed

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by headless chicken, Dec 27, 2016.

1. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Much like Once Upon A Time earlier this year, it seems like folks will need to set a new Season Pass for Nashville.

Ironically this One Pass was working fine earlier this month but it seems like the folks at Rovi couldn't leave well enough alone; I had switched my season pass to record episodes on CMT earlier this month (after the show was cancelled at ABC) and it was picking up these "All about" character specials that aired earlier this month which I had no interest in. Now, however, the actual show itself will not record when it returns in January.

If you search for Nashville under "Find TV shows, Movies, Videos..." it will pull up the original show ID which is useless. The only way to set up the new season pass is to go to the guide, find your CMT channel and navigate to Thurs, Jan 5 at 9pm.

2. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    It looks like they've fixed the issue for this week only. If you have a Season Pass for Nashville with the original show ID, it will record (so long as you have it set to all channels or CMT). However, next week's episode airing on 1/12/17 is listed under the second Nashville show ID, created more recently.

Moral: Keep or add both season passes because the geniuses at Rovi haven't gotten to the root of the problem by merging both show IDs into one composite.