1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N13 error, again

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by SCinTN, Sep 14, 2012.

1. SCinTN

SCinTN New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Seems I have had this problem before but have been unable to find previous posts which helped me. Nine days ago, we had a lightning storm which briefly (<24 hours) knocked our cable/internet offline. After they came back, TiVo kept getting N33 and/or N13 errors. I tried the unplugging/replugging, restarting system, etc., but still get the N13 error. I am using an Apple Time Capsule and an RCA Digital Broadband router. I don't think that I had any firewall issues before. Seems I might have also fixed the problem last time by hardwiring the G Wireless adapter. Does any of this ring a bell to any of you?

2. SCinTN

SCinTN New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sorry, I may have meant N wireless adapter instead of G.

3. SCinTN

SCinTN New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Thanks, poppagene. It was getting worse, because I tried to reset the N adapter to default settings, then tried updating the firmware. Then the TiVo told me I didn't have an adapter. I am going to try what fixed this last time, which is hooking the TiVo up with an Ethernet cable directly to my router.

4. SCinTN

SCinTN New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Meh. Was able to connect to network by hardwiring TiVo to router, but that requires a 50' Ethernet cable going from one room to another. N adapter still out. It was showing blue with a weak signal before the reset; now it shows green and no bars. Pretty seriously considering abandoning TiVo after six years. The only reason I kept them is because Comcast's DVR was such a joke.