1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Tivo Premiere -- Loosing Faith

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jeffosoft, Jul 17, 2013.

1. jeffosoft

jeffosoft New Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I bought the premiere 2 years ago on the $0 down or maybe it was $19.99 don't remember.

I have been a avid Tivo user and supporter since October 2006.

However Im loosing much faith in Tivo lately and I just need to put it out there.

Tivo needs to step up their game considerably, fact the HD interface is slow argue the point or not IT IS slow. There is simply no reason for this to happen Tivo says its alot of information transferring.. well not really for a dual core CPU plus its simply not that graphic intensive in the first place.

The remote with my new premiere didnt work at all but They replaced it 2 weeks later and has now faded and all the keys are unreadable now, my original Tivo Romote... still looks fine (cheap build)

Now Netflix is acting up I can barely watch anything without a screen freeze lack of response on buttons etc.

Cable company's are catching up with features, Dish and DirecTV already arguably have a better system in place or will so in a few more versions.

Tivo if you are making another device soon, please for gods sake consider my suggestions:

1. Radio signal based remote STANDARD (its cheap roku does it for under $60 box) no more pressing buttons 10 times for tivo to catch it.

2. Fix the damn interface NO more excuses you have had at least 4 years to address this.

3. No more useless channels (I guess this is more of my opinon) but we want Amazon Prime not AOL garbage that doesnt work or MLB.tv

Wish List or WTF list.

1. Steam box.. Extra charge... ridiculous $5 ... but still come on Tivo you are already charging me $15 for a TV guide.

Tivo I would hate to see you go out of business and I dont think it will be anytime soon.... but if you keep up with these low standards its going to be a rough road.

**Thats all I have to say, feel free to flame or comment***

2. SullyND

SullyND L:45-21 TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    What's a Steam box?

There is no subscription cost for a Stream. If you are talking Mini, there is a subscription cost, but there is a lifetime subscription option which makes sense. You are not paying $15 a month for a TV Guide.

3. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    and I like MLB.tv!!

4. Ed_Hunt

Ed_Hunt Pokerpro

Jan 2, 2004
    Patterson,...
    Thats why I put lifetime on my Tivo. I personally have never looked at Amazon Prime, so it is just your opinion on Apps as you said. I think Netflix and the like are useless, but many others use them all the time while they wouldn't know what MLB even is so that part of your message really isn't necessary. I do think you made some interesting observations though. For the life of me I can't figure out why the fact you have to wait 1-2 seconds every now and then is such a big deal. Could it be faster, sure but does it really need to be-no I don't think so. As you say others may be catching up, but I still only pay for the Tivo as I am over the air so in order to use the others I would have to spend $100 a month.
    All in All I think Tivo makes a good product and I will continue to use them.

5. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Perhaps the OP should get a belt to tighten up his faith.

6. Ed_Hunt

Ed_Hunt Pokerpro

Jan 2, 2004
    Patterson,...
    Yeah, I wasn't going to comment on that, lol