1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my.tivo.com missing Now Playing, Season Pass, guide info

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Bulldawg9908, May 6, 2012.

1. Bulldawg9908

Bulldawg9908 New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    I now have two Premieres in my house. One is an XL that's about a year old and the other is a new non-XL unit. I had this problem with just the XL before, but it wasn't as annoying as it is now that I have two Premieres. Both are broadband connected through ethernet, and both are on lifetime subscriptions.

Enough background--the problem.

About 9 times out of 10 when I visit my.tivo.com to see my todo list, search the guide or use the great my.tivo.com season pass manager, all that information is missing from the web site. Has anyone had this problem? Both are functioning properly except for this. Forcing connections doesn't correct it. It just seems to work randomly whenever it feels like working.

Has anyone seen this before? Any idea how to fix it?

2. vectorcatch

vectorcatch New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    I've never had that problem, what Internet browser are you using?

3. Bulldawg9908

Bulldawg9908 New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    The browser doesn't matter. IE, Chrome, Firefox, all do the same thing. I've tried multiple computers too. It must be something with my account at TiVo.

4. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
  5. Bulldawg9908

Bulldawg9908 New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    It's working partially right now. The older TiVo has information on all those pages. Also, the guide data works for both TiVos, as does the season pass manager. This is not always the case. Often, neither is working. Sometimes one works and the other does not. Rarely are both working at the same time.

For the newer TiVo, the To Do and My Shows screens return the following error:
    Code:
    There are currently no shows to display in this list. Possible reasons for this include: 

There are no shows in this list on your DVR. 
    If you've recently opted in, we have not yet processed your list. 
    There are upcoming recordings and existing recordings on the newer TiVo.

6. hillyard

hillyard Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Why do they need to collect personable identifiable info to show you what is on the now playing screen or the to do screen? The dvr number should be all they need.
    It is like hey buy the box, pay the services fee but we will add another ffeature that should be available anyways if you let us snoop on you, if not we wont give you that feature but still snoop on you

7. johnh123

johnh123 Member

Dec 7, 2000
    Over there
    Maybe you recently signed up for a beta program.

8. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    hillyard, what is in your "To Do List" and "Now Playing" *is* considered Personal Data.

9. Bulldawg9908

Bulldawg9908 New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    I did sign up for the beta program last week, but this problem has been occuring for over a year with the older TiVo and since I added the newer TiVo last month.